The goal of the Rochester Academy of Science Astronomy Section is to encourage observational astronomy and astronomy education in the greater Rochester area. Maintenance, operation and future improvement of Astronomy Section facilities (such as the Ionia Wolk Observatory site) requires continual funding.
We offer several methods for you to donate to the Astronomy Section:
- Click the Red Button to Join Rochester's Astronomy Club
- We invite you to donate your time in serving the community in one of our educational areas.
- We have opportunities to help maintain the Astronomy Section facilities from lawn and garden improvements, building maintenance to volunteering to serve at public events.
- Donate directly to one of our Endowment Funds:
- The Facilites Endowment fund ensures money is available for ongoing and future operations at our section facilities such as the Wolk Observatory site.
- The John Chapman Endowment Fund.
- The Kenneth J. Brown Endowment Fund.
Note: Requests for information on one of the above endowment funds should be addressed to the treasurer.
Remember, your support provides to the public and volunteer members:
- Public access phone information and message system (1-585-987-5330) to serve the community.
- Heat and electricity to our section facilities.
- Free monthly public and members Astronomy meetings (1st Friday of each month at 7:30pm)
- Frequent public and members observing sessions in various locations in the area.
Thanks for your support,
Treasurer - Astronomy Section - Rochester Academy of Science